Day 4: Yoga XT

Hi everyone!

Today is day 4 and I just completed Yoga XT.

It's a bit of a miracle that I can sit upright and type this update.  I'm pretty sure I'm whimpering a little bit, but I'm too dazed to tell myself to stop. Thankfully, I'm alone and no one can witness what I'm sure is a comical sight.

I thought about taking a shower before I sat down to knock this out, but I was too tired to walk upstairs. Besides, it feels more authentic to write this while I'm all sweaty from a great workout.

Ready for the headlines?

Headlines

1. This is the best yoga I've ever done. Hands down.
2. Hold on... don't get too excited. I'm still not a lover of all things Yoga.  :)
3. I really, really needed the stretch after days 1-3. This workout delivered.
4. Mike's quest to touch his toes by the end made me smile. He's very... real. Makes it fun.
5. The shocker? Yoga Abs, at the end, was my favorite part. What?!?

The Scoop

I'm pretty sure everyone who knows me is aware that I don't love Yoga.  I WANT to love Yoga. I NEED to love Yoga. I've TRIED to love Yoga. But I just don't really love it.

Until now.

Well, sorta. I'll go so far as to say I don't hate it with Yoga XT. That's huge progress. I struggled with several of the power and flexibility moves today, but they felt good. Well, maybe I should say that a different way. The moves all pushed me hard... but they felt great when I released. I think that's the point. At the end, I sat like a wet noodle on the ground, feeling stretched to the limit and stronger as a result.

If I'm honest, I seriously considered quitting at about minute 26. I was tired and feeling pushed. With no one around to see my quit, is it really quitting?  :-D  Hell YES, it is!  There's no quitting in TapouT! I was proud of myself for powering through and completing the workout. Which is a little silly since I'm the only one I'm accountable to. But I think those of you who have done a fitness program like this know what I mean. Wanting to quit, and not quitting, is a great feeling.

Memorable Moves

I'm glad I didn't quit mostly so I could make it to the end for Yoga Abs. Admittedly, when Mike said, "Let's get some yoga ABS in!" I thought I might throw up. I'm pretty sure I groaned. But then, guess what?!? I loved it. Big surprise. Here were some of my favorite moves:
Move 1- Lay on your back, legs up at 90 degrees, lower one leg to 3" or so above the ground, bring shoulders up and stay up, hands behind the head, alternate one leg up and the other down, and reach up as you alternate for a little crunch. Strangely, this feels good even while it burns.
Move 2- Same move, but twist to the outside of the leg as you bring it up for a side crunch. Big stretch.
Move 3 - Lay on your back with knees up, roll back up onto your shoulders, then roll forward into boat pose (teetering on your rear with legs up and body up) and hold it, then extend the legs and hold it.  Yowsa!
Overall

I don't love Yoga, but I really like Yoga XT. I couldn't do every move perfectly, but I kept with it and powered through, even when I wanted to quit. Afterwards, I was completely wiped out. But my body was happy. Stretching is so important and I'm really lazy about it.

This workout delivered on the stretch - and solid muscle work at the same time. Two mints in one. I'm in.

Favorite Mike Quote:
"You're gonna love me for this."

Both of my sisters start the workout tonight.  Go, girls!

More tomorrow -
Lis

***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com

2 comments:

  1. "The shocker? Yoga Abs, at the end, was my favorite part. What?!?"

    Oh yeah. That was my favourite part of the exercise, too.

    I'm not sure I entirely liked the session. Mike rushed a bit through some of the parts, and he didn't give good enough direction in others. But I forgave him all of that when we got to the ab section.

    Feeling absolutely good today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's hard to say if Yoga Abs was my favorite part because I really liked it... or I really disliked the "real" Yoga more. Everything is relative. :-D I learned to embrace Yoga over this 90 day program, but I'll never completely love it. But Yoga Abs? Loved.

      Glad you're crushing it! Keep it up!

      Delete