Day 1: Cross Core Combat + Day 1 Photos

Hi everyone!

I'll start by saying I'm alive.  It was in question, I'm sure, as to whether I would survive my first TapouT workout. Those of you who lived through P90x with me know though - I don't give up.  It's not because I'm fit or particularly fierce.  I'm just stubborn.  :-D

I got the DVDs yesterday.  So excited.  Immediately had a stress response and ate two doughnuts as you saw in my earlier post.  Oopsie.  Then cracked up and decided I better not wait until Monday to start.  Mike Karpenko, the program founder and fearless leader of TO, aka "KTrain", told me it was ON... and so it is.  My sisters will be starting next week, but I'm getting a little jump start because I'm so excited about the program.  Do I get extra credit for doing this while I have company in town?  Note visitor luggage in the photos.  :)

Here are my initial impressions of TO on Day 1, in no particular order of importance, except for #1.

1.  Mike Karpenko makes me want to do this program.  
   a.  He's hot. So nice to look at while working out!  :)  Check him out in my cover photo.
   b.  He's 43 so he inspires me to look as ripped as he is at my youthful age of 48. :)
   c.  He's quite charming and encouraging.  Demanding, but not a drill sargeant. 
   d.  He's active online, offering encouragement that feels genuine.  I dig him.

2.  Cross Core Combat, the Day 1 workout, is hard but really fun.
   a.  Note to self: buy a better workout pad.  On the floor a lot.
   b.  Tons of plank, cranking on the abs.  Tough and *really* creative moves.
   c.  No workout that hurts this bad should be so much fun.
   d.  Mike incorporates floor work, bands and some bursts of activity.  Very cool.
   e.  My dialog:  Love.  Hate.  Love.  Hate.  (Profanity)  Ugh.  Love.  Hate.  

3.  The people Mike has on with him are inspiring.
   a.  The MMA fighters on the tape are a cool touch.
   b.  There are several beautiful, fit women in the group. VERY inspiring.
   c.  One of the chicks, seriousy, is so unbelievably fit... she's mesmerizing to watch. (Update:  Jupinko!)
   d.  As further proof, the cameraman does a serious linger on her ass at the end.  :-)
   e.  With P90x, I didn't vibe with the people on the tape beyond Tony.  I dig this crew.

4.  I didn't do "The Grinder" at the end...this time.
   a.  There, I admitted it.  I will do it next time, at least as much as I can.
   b.  Here's the deal: At the end, you have to wrap with The Grinder.
   c.  It's pushups in rapid fire form, alternating wide stance, knee tucks, narrow stance 
   d.  You start with 9, then 8, then 7 of each... all the way down to one.
   e.  Today = no way.  Day 90 = will be killin' it or dying trying.

5.  SUPERMAN/BANANA.  What the sh*t.
   a.  Those of you with me on P90x know how much I hate Superman/Banana.
   b.  Yep, you guessed it.  But HARDER, with an ab crunch at the end.
   c.  I forgave Mike by the end, but I was swearing and whimpering a little during.
   d.  My dialog:  Hate.  Hate.  Hate.  (Profanity)  Hate.  Hate.  Hate.

Overall:  Love it.  Love Mike.  Love the team he chose.  Love the exercises.  Hate that I can't kill it on Day 1, but totally confident I will by Day 90. There's an entire community of people who are crazy about this workout and now I understand why.  Go buy it!

Mike:  "Come and get it!"
Lisa:   "Done! May I have another?"

Early photos:  Lisa before the Day 1 workout.  Happy, enthusiastic, excited.  And then after.  Sweaty, tired, but totally stoked.  Not at all defeated.  Just inspired.  At least today.  :) 



More soon!
Lis

***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Bandit! I've just started my Tapout XT, and I'll be comparing my results to yours throughout the entire run. Just thought I should let you know you did a lot better on your first ever Tapout XT exercise routine than a man more than 2 decades your junior. My ass was whupped good ... I nearly passed out. I didn't even manage to make it through the whole thing. Hopefully I improve ...

    Anyway, thanks for the blog! It's been good reading. I hope you don't stop now! Tell us about the upkeep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Congratulations on starting your TapouT program. If you're anything like me, you will love it... and you'll see great results!

      Thanks so much for your note. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog. Keep me posted on how you're doing as you go along! Even though I finished my 90 days last week, I hit 5 TapouT workouts this week. I think I may be addicted. It is so much fun and so effective. I'm obviously a fan. :-)

      Keep crushing it!
      Lisa

      Delete