Day 73: Ripped Conditioning

Miesha Tate: MMA Fighter

It's Day 74... and I'm doing Day 73's workout this morning, a little late.  :-)

Today:  Ripped Conditioning.

I took Saturday off for a day in the mountains with friends, so I did a double on Thursday. I decided to take Sunday as well. So I'm back to a double today. Double TapouTs are tough for me, especially so close together. However...

I visited a long-time friend I haven't seen in awhile this weekend. I spent much of the weekend in jeans and layers, including a hoodie. As we were leaving, I was in shorts and a T-shirt. My friend hugged me goodbye and suddenly said, "Oh, WOW." Then did a full-on assessment of my ab, arm and leg muscles. 

She was impressed. She's known me for years, and has seen me in varying degrees of fitness and shape. But she was blown away by my muscle strength. Somehow the doubles seemed totally worth it in that moment. 

<<-- Speaking of "Oh, Wow"... Miesha Tate, MMA fighter. 

See Mike's very funny quote about Miesha below.  

To the headlines!



Headlines

1. Finally, I get to do Ripped Conditioning!!  I accidentally picked SFU the last 2 times. I checked the dvd twice this time to get it right.
2. I really, really like this workout. I feel like a powerhouse as I go through this workout. It's not a sprint; it's like a good solid run.
3. I like every move on this workout. I'm pumped afterwards. Not torched, but absolutely like I just had a killer workout.
4. I had a small victory today:  I did all guy push-ups. There aren't a ton of them, but every one I did was guy style.
5. I had a MAJOR victory today too:  I did Side to Side Push-ups... with my leg up... guy style. BOOM! Huge for me. :-)

Memorable Move

I've always liked the Side-to-Side Push-ups With Leg Raise. At the start, I did them on my knees, no leg raise. Then I graduated to doing a mix of knee and full push-ups, no leg raise. Today? Full push-ups, with the leg raise! They were hard. But they were sweet. I am so much stronger now than I was two months ago. It shows in my shorts... and it shows in my workouts. What could be better than that?!?

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

I love Miesha Tate, a MMA fighter who appears on several of the videos. She's in Ripped Conditioning and Mike chats with her on a break.
Mike: "Miesh, how you feeling back there?"
Miesha: "I feel great. Awesome workout. I love it."
Mike: "Look at you. Who wouldn't want a body like yours? It's nutty-house."
Miesha is amazing. Beautiful, fit and fierce. Her body is, for sure, nutty-house. And in that moment of "Oh, WOW" yesterday, I felt pretty damn nutty-house myself.  :-D  Thanks, TapouT. 

Cheers to your own "Oh, Wow" moments.

PS: To learn more about Miesha Tate:  Click here.

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"

***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment