Day 82: Competition Core

Mike's Instagram photo of his abs. His advice:
"Train hard. Eat right. Be rewarded."
It's Day 82 with Competition Core on the calendar.

<--- This instagram pic Mike Karpenko posted a few weeks ago is a great reminder as to why this workout is in the mix. He works every part of his core, without a doubt. The description for Competition Core on the TapouT website says this:
Want TapouT Abs? Do this work out! 
Carve your upper, middle, lower abs, and love handles at the same.
Mike is proof. It works!

Funny sidebar:  I googled "Mike Karpenko Abs"... and a copy of MY 45 day results photo, flashing my abs, shows up. And not that far down the page. Wha...? Guess anything I put on this blog is fair game. Yikes!

Note to self: Must be mindful of what I post for my final 90 day results!  :-D  

To the headlines, below.




Headlines

1.  This workout it tough, but doesn't feel overly intense until you finish it. And then... your abs are vibrating. 
2.  I did my Orli Hops without complaint today (see prior post). This move is the real deal. My legs scream at me.
3.  When Mike gives Nick a hard time for his slow Speed Jacks and teases him about us eating bonbons waiting for him, I crack up.
4.  Did I mention already that Mike's abs are a serious reminder of what can be done with intense ab work? Oh, I did? Sorry.
5.  I have to admit - there are two moves I skip on this workout. Fear of injury makes my mind rebellious. At least I admit it, I guess?

Memorable Move

Today's memorable move, among a sea of memorable moves, is the Reach and Pop. In this move, you bend over at the waist raising one leg behind you and touching the ground... then you pop up off the ground into a knee drive as you bring the leg forward. It's memorable because it challenges your balance, your flexibility, your cardio endurance and your strength. And it's mad fun. At first it seemed silly. Now that I can actually do it well, it works. And it's silly. Double the pleasure.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

Late in the workout, Mike is doing the SnowFlake ab sequence with us. As he's doing the countdown, while doing the move, here's his commentary. SO fun and funny.  Mike:  "Four. Ohhhh, this is burning. Three. Geez. Whyyy did I make these? Two. WHY?!? <groan> ONE. Oh, turn it over, we ain't done..." And right into the next move. What a beast!

Love. It.

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"

*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment