Day 77: Sprawl & Brawl


It's Day 77, Thursday, with Sprawl & Brawl.

HOLY GUACAMOLE, with a side of chips.

This &%^$ is HARD!

<<<---  Mike posted this on Facebook a few days ago. So funny. Today's workout reminded me of exactly this. When I first started TapouT I could barely do Sprawl & Brawl. Mike said Keep With It and DO NOT QUIT. So, here I am 70+ days later. I didn't quit. And just like Mike said, I'm stronger, I'm more flexible, and I have better endurance.

Of course, Sprawl & Brawl still torches me totally. But isn't that the point?

To the headlines, below.



Headlines

1. Sprawl & Brawl is a total cooker of a workout. You're up, you're down, you're up, you're down. You're cooked.
2. When the first water break comes, I'm like "Cake. No biggie." By the time the second water break comes, I feel like I'm about to fall over dead.
3. After today's workout I was completely drenched. I don't mean "glowing"... I mean drenched. Earned with sweat.
4. All the squats and burpees and push-ups tax my whole body. This is a full body workout at it's best.
5. This workout earned a spot in my post-90-day line-up today. It's so hard, but I feel pretty amazing when I finish it. What could be better?

Memorable Move

This workout is packed with memorable moves that really push the body to its limits. Today, my knee was feeling a little tight which made Three Directional Lunges tough, both the first set with knee drives and the second set with punches. I mean, Lunges are always hard and intense by design. Three directional? With added knee drives and punches? C'mon. Torch. Tail on fire, legs about to burst, and knees screaming. My dogs watch in fascination, like I've lost my mind. I love them. I hate them. But here's the thing: love or hate, Lunges work. And so... I do them, much to my dogs', and my husband's, delight.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

At the end of this workout, I am truly ready to fall over. Then Mike says, "LAST MOVE! Who loves that?!? That's like a GIFT, right?!?" Well, yes and no. It's the Killer Move! There is no question that the end of this workout is a gift. Push-ups with mountain climbers and tuck-ins at the end of a 45 minute workout? Well, it's the gift that keeps on giving... in the form of a tight core, some firm legs, and a torched but very solid behind. I guess it is a gift after all. Next time, might I suggest some chocolates instead?

Rest day tomorrow (yay), but back on Saturday!
 Lisa
"Bandit"


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment