Day 78: Rest & Day 79: Muay Thai

Leonard "Bad Boy" Garcia - showing his knee strike power in the ring. WOW!

Happy Saturday morning.

It's Day 79.  I'm fresh off of a rest day, and I'm so happy to be kicking this week off with Muay Thai.

It is my absolute favorite of the workouts.

I love all the MMA fighters Mike included in these dvds. It's so fun to have them do TapouT XT with me in my living room. I watch their form and learn how to be more intentional with my moves as a result. More fight, less fitness.

<<---- Leonard "Bad Boy" Garcia is the bomb with his knee drives and kicks. I love watching him. His intensity pushes me to really get after it. Check out this photo I found of his knee drive action in the ring. I'm guessing he's about to take this guy out or do some serious damage at a minimum. He goes ALL IN in TapouT XT, just as if he's in the ring. I love it and use it to fuel my workout ALL IN too.

I.  Love.  Muay Thai. <3

To the headlines, below.


Headlines

1. I love Muay Thai for so many reasons. To summarize though:  Punch. Kick. Knee Strike. Repeat.
2. This is the one workout that I have no problem hitting first thing in the morning. I wake up excited to do it.
3. When Mike says "Time to earn it with some sweat"... I crank it up a notch. Works every time.
4. On this workout, I learn from the pro's:  Bad Boy- knee drives, Bader- punches, and Miesha- kicks! Intense and awesome.
5. Mike's energy is cool is on this workout. You can tell he's into it and that he loves working out with the pro's.

Memorable Moves... and Favorite Mike Quotes Combined!

It's so hard to pick just one, so I'm picking two.  First, I have to give a shout-out to my favorite move, the Side Squat / Power Knee / Power Back Lunge / Power Knee. As Mike says, "OH! This move is butter!" This move is a force to be reckoned with. I don't love it because it feels good. I love it because it works my lower body and core really hard. It's awesome. I'll do this move long after my 90 days are up.

Second, the 4 x 4 x 4 x 4 killer move gets a shout out, because it's mad fun. You do 4 knee strikes, 4 squat bobs with upper cuts, 4 push kicks, and 4 squat shoulder elbow throws. Several times over and over again. FAST. It's so fun. Last move of the workout, pushing hard. Really fun way to wrap up this awesome workout. As Mike says, "THAT'S how you earn it, RIGHT THERE!" For sure. Love it.

This is the start of the last week on the published TapouT schedule. It was a little sad to check off the last Muay Thai on the calendar. But there is no doubt this will be a mainstay in my workouts for a long time to come!

TapouT = Added Inspiration

I was watching the movie "Gone" last night, where a girl is abducted and learns self-defense moves to protect herself. Half-way through the movie, I was inspired to take TapouT to the next level... and learn "real" self-defense. It's one thing to feel tough doing a Muay Thai workout in your living room. It's another thing entirely, I think, to actually have to hit or kick someone else in the real world. And so I've decided to take what I know, and learn how to use it in a new way. You won't see me in the ring, but you also won't see me go down easily if anyone picks a fight with me.

Just another added bonus of taking on TapouT.

Inspiration to be fit... and fierce.

 Lisa
"Bandit"


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com  



No comments:

Post a Comment