Day 88: Legs & Back


It's Monday on Day 88.  Yep, Day 88!

My choice of workouts today was Legs & Back.

You would think that after all these days I'd have each workout memorized. What I love is that they all still feel fresh to me. I know the moves and I remember some of the sequencing, but the workouts continue to surprise me.

I'm challenged, with great intensity, even now on every single workout. I used to take breaks and now I don't. I used to have to skip or severely modify some moves and now I don't. Maybe as I've gotten stronger I just push myself harder?

I find myself a little overwhelmed these final days of my TapouT 90 day adventure. I know I'll miss the push of the commitment; I have made TapouT 100% non-negotiable for 88 days now. I'm totally excited to hit the 90 day milestone, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a little sad... to see the daily commitment to the workout, and to this blog, come to an end.

But then I remember that I can still do TapouT any time I want. SWEET. What could be better than that?  :-D  To the headlines, below.




Headlines

1.  I've come to love squats and lunges since I started TapouT. It's just wrong, on so many levels. I may need therapy.
2.  When Mike calls for Tire Flips, I feel like I should be wearing Daisy Dukes and drinking a beer.
3.  I love all the Rows in this workout. Seated, standing, fast, slow. I like 'em all.
4.  It's possible that my all time favorite Mike quote is the one at the end of this workout:  "That's like ketchup and mustard on a hotdog!"
5.  This workout is one of the favs.  It will definitely be in the frequent play list of workouts. Leg band and all.

Memorable Move

Two moves stand out for me in this workout. They're both hard and they're both great!  Power Jump Squats with the resistance band and the Rear Lunge/Squat/Kick Sequence. They are both performed just like they're named. They're focused, intense, and fast. I'm pretty convinced that if I did just these two moves - and nothing else - I'd have solid legs and a round behind. Don't tell Mike I said so, but seriously? They're that good.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

If you would've told me Day 1 that I'd have published 88 quotes from Mike's dialog in these workouts, I would've told you you're crazy. But here I am, and here's another great quote from Mike:  "Let's bring it up. C'mon. The higher the energy, the better the workout!" So, so, so true. There are days that I can bring dead weight to the workout and still crush it by the end. But on the days when I bring energy, enthusiasm and a strong desire to get after it... I work harder, I perform better, and I earn better results.

For me, my mind is just as important as my body in achieving fitness. It may be even more important. It's a little chatty. It creates my determination and my drive. I've learned over the last 88 days to care for my mind and my body. If they're both in fighting shape, I am unstoppable.

P.S.
Fun Trivia:  I got my TapouT Fight Name after doing Legs & Back on Day 19, when Mike teased me with "Love the band and it will love you back." after I whined like a child about how hard the leg band was for me. The next day we agreed that my nickname should be "Bandit" and I felt very official.  It still makes me laugh to this day. I can hardly BELIEVE that was 69 days ago. Time flies when you're having fun?

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"
*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment