Day 76: Legs & Back

It's Wednesday and Day 76, with Legs and Back on the agenda.

You know, I try not to whine too much in my daily updates.

Today?  I'd like some snacks with my whine.

I cheer when I see only 41 minutes on the workout dvd. Some of the longer workouts make me whimper. But today I realized that with Legs and Back... it's really a 55 minute workout done really, really fast!!

The transitions with the leg band make me laugh out loud. I am so uncoordinated and tired after some moves that I can't even get the band off of my leg before Mike is ready to move on.

Was that whine-y enough? I'm sure I could come up with more. But I'm smiling as I type this. I like this workout, fast pace-of-play and all.  :-D

To the headlines, below.


Headlines

1. Mental note to self:  41 minute Legs and Back works me just as hard as if it were 55 minutes.
2. Must. Move. Faster.  I can keep up with most of the workouts really well now. The leg band challenges me. (Hence my fight name - Bandit.)
3. My legs have always been strong, but they are really getting stronger with every TapouT workout.
4. I like all the back moves, but oh how the push-ups challenge me on some days. Like today.
5. This workout will be on my play list once I get through the 90 days. It's tough, but very satisfying. I dig it.

Memorable Move

I really like the Standing Rows and Seated Rows, both slow and rapid fire. They're among the most isolated of the moves on this workout. I can feel my muscles working.  My back is pretty broad given how petite I am... I've always gone easy on weights doing rows because I didn't want to bulk up. These are fun because I won't bulk with the bands. (At least I hope not. :->)

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

One of the things that's great about TapouT is that you can do it anywhere... all you need is your TV or Laptop and the bands.  The resistance tubing is pretty amazing given how you can meter the intensity and really get a great workout.  Today Mike says, "Get that right up. Out front. Snap that up! Own it! It's just resistance tubing." Nothing to be afraid of. Just a little tubing, right?

Snap that up! Own it! Come and get it! DONE. Another one in the books.

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com  

3 comments:

  1. Love your recaps, and congrats on almost being done with the full 90!

    I have such trouble with the resistance bands because it takes so long to get them settled, the right amount of resistance, stopped to put it back where it should be when it's slipped, and then untangled to get on to the next exercise. That's why I sub dumbbells where it makes sense so that I can make a quick transition and put the right amount of tension on the muscle, where the band just isn't doing it for me. The more time I am not untangling cord from around myself is more time I can watch Mike and his abs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The leg band has been a challenge for me from jump. The "Ripcord" I bought has been a lifesaver in terms of staying put and giving me the full push I need... I just can't move quite fast enough on the transitions with the velcro. :-) More time watching Mike = good every time! PS - I just checked out your site. I love it. Great stuff!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete