Day 75! Yoga XT

Day 75 - The Final Stretch! S's = substitution days.
Zero misses. The J is when my nephew worked out with me. :) 


It's Tuesday evening and I'm so happy to report that it's... Day 75!

I am now absolutely in the final stretch. How appropriate that today I had stretching with Yoga XT! According to the TapouT calendar, I'd be done in about a week, but to hit the full 90 days I have to power through two weeks.

I hit a wall yesterday after my second workout. Physically exhausted, a little sore from over-training, and in need of some better nutrition than I had this weekend. Hydration too. It was hard to get up and going today.

This workout probably couldn't have come at a better time. I decided to do Yoga on my own terms today. And it may have been one of my best experiences with it to-date.

During a program like this, the mind commands accountability, discipline, and intensity. The body doesn't always have a loud enough voice until it's pushed too far and starts to break down. Sometimes we just have to listen to our bodies. Today was one of those days for me. I'm so glad I was able to quiet my mind and let my body take the lead.

To the headlines, below.





Headlines

1. Today I needed relaxing, stretching and breathing Yoga. I didn't need strength and power Yoga.
2. One of the things I love about TapouT is that you can make it your own, by changing intensity or adjusting your pace or content.
3. By skipping the warrior and side plank sequences, I had a great stretching workout that nourished and replenished my body.
4. I still got a solid 30 minute workout... without the angst of the moves that stress my mind and body.
5. I don't always listen to my body. My mind can overpower it so easily. But today, my body got to be in charge. It's thanking me for Yoga.

Memorable Move

I usually think of Child's Pose as a respite from the rest of Yoga that I dread. That sounds horrible, but it's true. Today? I let myself really push on Child's Pose, to get my butt all the way back on my heels and stretch far and firm in front of my body. It felt amazing. Moving my arms to the side and then "shooting through" (by putting one arm under the body and out the other side) was an even better stretch. I'm not sure I've taken full advantage of this move and a few others in Yoga. Until today. I feel more stretched and more relaxed than ever.

Upside?  My dogs were particularly attentive to me today, maybe given the fact that my energy was so much more calm. They stayed on or near the mat, but out of my way. They were playful and happy when I was down on the mat. I'd swear they were breathing more deeply along with me. I think they like "relaxing" Yoga better than power Yoga too. What a surprise. Nice.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

In the past, Mike's comments about Yoga feeling good haven't really resonated with me. Possibly because I was clenching my teeth, dreading Upward Dog and feeling inadequate about my very clumsy Cobra Pose. Today when he said "That's gotta feel good"... remarkably, it did. Finally, in week 11, I started to breath and relax. Well - better late than never.

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com  

2 comments:

  1. I had been wondering that myself about achieving the full 90 days. I noticed there is not 90 days on the workout calender so how are you going to make up those extra days? Just start the rotation again from week 1 until 90 days are reached?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided that my final week will be my gift to myself - I can choose my favorite workouts for those last seven days. Muay Thai, Buns & Guns... and all my other favs! What a nice way to finish it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete