Day 83: Rest & Day 84: Sprawl & Brawl


It's Thursday morning, on Day 84, with Sprawl & Brawl on the calendar.

I'm fresh back from a rest day, but I didn't fully take advantage of the break. It felt like a wasted rest day, and believe me... I hate wasting a rest day.

So I woke up a little grumpy. I didn't feel like working out. I had to do it first thing, before coffee or eats. I had a fleeting thought that maybe I'd pass and double up later. (Maybe it was more of a lingering thought.) At this point my friends are so tired of seeing my posts about TapouT, they'd probably cheer if I skipped.

<--- And then, I remembered this quote. In my world, fitness has to be fun. But it sure doesn't have to be easy. And I don't always have to be feeling it at the start. I just have to start and usually I end up crushing a great workout. So I remembered why I started this TapouT 90 day program in the first place: to challenge my mind, to push my body to new limits, to commit to something bigger than myself, and to have a ton of fun in the process. Then I pressed play. This day is SO much better already.

To the headlines, below.


Headlines

1. Early morning work outs are sometimes necessary, but never my first choice.
2. My mind loves getting it over with. My body hates working out on empty.
3. I realized today I'm getting pretty good at the "sprawl" part of Sprawl & Brawl. I can drop and pop quickly now. Progress!
4. What's fun about this workout is that it's kind of a random mix. The brawling and sprawling intermingled keeps it interesting.
5. S&B keeps me guessing, confusing my brain and my body. Rocket scientist moment: this may be good for me.

Memorable Move 

Today I was really into the Fighter/Burpee/Knee Drives. I mentioned above that I'm getting better at the sprawl elements. I think that's why I liked these today. I used to struggle - and I do mean struuuuugle - with dropping into burpees, knocking out a few knee drives, and "popping" back up into fighter stance. The drop and the pop were both hard for me. I felt like I was in slow motion. Like I was moving my body through tar trying to hit these moves. Now, I drop clean and fast. And my pop is pretty quick. I still feel like I want to throw up sometimes after doing the sequences. :) But I look better, I feel better, and I'm getting way more out of the moves. What could be better than that?

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

Serious, how can you not get into these workouts with Mike's energy? Even first thing on a grumpy morning, he can make me smile. He's coaching V and says, "You gotta punch like you mean it. Ground it right into the ground! Give me a little sprawl. Give me a little BRAWL! You got it in your heart. More BRAWL! Oh!"

The quote up top says "When you think about quitting: remember why you started." Oh, I remember. I'm so happy to have discovered TapouT. I love it. Mike says it over and over again - TO QUIT DOES NOT EXIST. When I remember why I started, I can get over the desire to quit... on even the toughest of days.

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"

*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I have this feeling (sort of) the last few workouts since my main resistance band broke and now I don't have the proper resistance anymore. Feels like I am not getting what I should out of the workouts. I'm kicking my mind to keep in it though, considering my wife says how much she is still seeing the results on my body. Lisa, have you thought about trying RushFit? I found out about it yesterday and it's George St. Pierre's workout program. Looks intense and interesting and I'm thinking of trying it after TapouT is finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. Having the right resistance band has been important for me during TapouT. I bought a few kinds and play around with different options. Hopefully you'll get a replacement soon. If you're going to hit these workouts, you want to hit them hard and get the most out of them for sure. It's great to know your wife is seeing results - that ought to keep you motivated!! :-) I haven't looked at RushFit. I'll probably take a bit of a break after TapouT and just continue to do these workouts mixed with more traditional cardio for awhile. Definitely not up for another structured program so soon! Good luck and keep after it!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I am very excited about you nearly finishing the program and very sad as well. I am going to miss the daily blog about TapouT, I looked forward to it each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate it!! It's funny, I'll miss posting daily about TapouT. I'll stay active on the FB boards at least. You can always bounce over to my "real" blog at www.soulforbreakfast.com. :-D Thank you again for the support!

      Delete