Day 89: Buns & Guns & Ultimate Abs


It's Day 89 - hello, hello, hello.

Wow!  So close to Day 90.  :-D

Today I chose Buns & Guns & Ultimate Abs for my workout.

How can I possibly not give Jupinko a shout-out for her role in this workout? I mentioned her on Day 1 (although I didn't know her name) and a few times since then, but today I give her a formal SHOUT OUT for her amazingly fit physique.

<--- The cameraman shares my admiration for her *star* assets, as captured in this still from the video. This is what hard work looks like. Talk about results. Go, Jupinko! (For more on Jupinko, click here.)

To the headlines, below.



Headlines

1.  There is no question that Jupinko has amazing legs and a lovely "posterior chain." BOOM. Earned with sweat, no doubt. Inspiring!
2.  Really?  Three Directional Lunges... in the warm-up? Who else does this?  No comfort zone here. Better bring it.
3.  I feel Buns & Guns with the very first move - Lateral Leg Raises. No kidding. First move, my buns start talking to me.
4.  At the end of this workout, Mike says "Buns & Guns is no joke." No joke, for sure. I love it. This one hits the play list forever.
5.  Ultimate Abs is a workout I'll continue to do weekly long after the 90 days is up as well. Why? Two words. It. Works.

Memorable Move

I love so many of the moves in these two workouts, it's hard to pick just one as memorable. Today, I'm choosing an unlikely choice given my love of all things that work the behind.  Side Plank Triceps stood out today and here's why. This move is really unique. You think you're isolating muscle work to your tricep; you're extending your arm, with a resistance band, while in side plank position. But then you realize, "I'm in side plank!" Your triceps are firing, but so are your abs, your legs and your behind. It's a subtle and slow burn. It's like the Al Greene of moves.  :-)

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

Here's how Mike kicks off the workout as the team is warming up:  "Little bit of a gun show gonna happen today. You want guns like these? You want buns like those? You gotta stick with me!" Why yes, yes I do want guns like these and buns like those. Yes I do! And so, I crushed another tough workout today. With Mike and Jupinko and all the other amazing people on this dvd.

Tomorrow is my final workout as part of my 90 Day TapouT XT journey. I am stunned that this day is already here. I know those who have been following along will easily guess what my final workout will be tomorrow. I can't wait to crush it and celebrate such a huge personal accomplishment with you. Your support has been incredible and I'm so grateful. This is a victory I share with you.

PS:  I love this fun move between Mike and Jupinko at the end.

BUNS... 
And GUNS!!
More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"

*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment