Day 87: Cross Core Combat

Well, maybe just a tiny bit when I realized Cross Core Combat
is the one that ends with The Grinder.  :-o

It's Sunday evening with "Lisa's Choice" on the calendar today.

Being able to pick my own workouts as I finish up the full 90 days is pretty fun. I have all my favorites lined up and ready to go. Getting to choose for myself every day is awesome.

Why, then, did I not choose one of my favorite workouts today?!?

First, I ate BBQ ribs last night. In volume. "Hard" felt better than "Favorite" for my choice today. At least before I started the workout.

Second, I also forgot just how hard Cross Core Combat is. Seriously. How could I forget? The Grinder is just... wow. Or maybe WOW.

To the headlines, below.




Headlines

1.  I did not cry or even whimper when I finished The Grinder today. THIS is significant progress.
2.  I did, however, want to lay in my puddle of sweat and remain lifeless for several minutes.
3.  The good news is that I'm so slow on The Grinder that I had already missed the start of the cool down anyway.  :-)
4.  All the sphinx plank moves in this workout are crushing. They look like they should be kind of easy and fun, but they are so hard in volume.
5.  My fitness mat started to tear in a few spots today during The Grinder. It feels like a victory to me. Is that weird?

Memorable Move

Certainly The Grinder and the gazillion + one Sphinx Plank moves are memorable. But today I'll highlight what I think may be my favorite Ab move from all of TapouT XT:  Resistance Knee-Ups.

The name doesn't do this move justice. I'm recommending Mike call it The Ab Cooker moving forward. With this move you're sitting on the ground with the resistance band wrapped around your feet and handles at your shoulders. You raise both legs off the ground. You crunch forward and pull the legs in. Then you lean way back and push the legs out (still up). Crunch in and pull the legs in. Lean back and push the legs out. Repeat in volume. (Same move later with one leg at a time.)

My abs are on fire the entire time. I can see them working from top to bottom. There is no opportunity to cheat or lessen the intensity. Even Mike is straining while doing them, which is extra validation. This is a great move. Sorry Bader Rolls... we have a new favorite in town.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

At the start of this workout, Mike talks about how much he loves the warm-up before a workout.  He adds, "I feel like this is the calm before the storm." No kidding. Today was definitely stormy for me. I was sluggish from working on the computer all day. I didn't eat lunch. So dumb... must have fuel for this workout. And I forgot about The Grinder. STORM.

I love that I decided to come and get it today. The fact that I chose a harder workout over a favorite, to push myself that little bit extra? Makes me feel like I earned every one of those ribs I ate last night. And then some. PS:  If that's not true based on calories consumed vs. burned, I don't wanna know. Please don't tell me. I plan to eat a few leftover ribs in about two minutes.  :-D

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"

*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

2 comments:

  1. I give the finger to The Grinder. It's the only appendage I can lift after I'm done. :-D

    ReplyDelete