Day 74: Cross Core Combat

It's Day 74, Monday night, and I just hit Cross Core Combat.

I'm typing this from the ground, where I lie heaped in a mangled pile of tiredness.

This is my second workout of the day because I wanted to play yesterday. I resolved to pay the price, but it was so much easier to have that resolve when I chose to pass vs. now when it's time to pay up.

Cross Core Combat is rough. It's a super fun workout, but all the plank work, and the up and downs are killer. Add The Grinder to the end of the workout - my second workout today - and I am toast!

I'm recovering with sushi - as my treat for all my hard work. :-)

To the headlines.


Headlines

1. Cross Core Combat is so FAST. Up, down, up, down. He's not messing around.
2. Two TapouT workouts in one day = too much. The extra rest day doesn't really make up for the torch. Yikes.
3. I think using rest days early is like using credit cards. Feels so easy in the moment, until the bill comes.
4. Oh, and I remembered today that I don't love Plank. :-) Just thought I'd mention it.
5. Today was my third time doing The Grinder... I video-taped it. Assessment = Poor. I have work to do on my form. But I came and got it!

Memorable Move

Since the beginning of time, I've hated Superman/Banana. This may come as a surprise, but I still hate Superman/Banana. I think this speaks to my consistency, at a minimum. And also my sanity. First, my workout space doesn't have enough room to do it well. Second, my fitness mat isn't wide enough for the flip, so I'm on hard floor. And third, I just hate them. :-D And there you have it. Whine, whine, whine. I swore like a sailor today.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

I've said before that Mike does a really nice job encouraging everyone along. Here's how he gets this workout started:"There's nothing I like more than warming up. Possibly the cool down. But the warm-up is great. How we feeling guys? Every body ready to get after a workout? That's what I like to hear!"

Early on, I figured that this far into the workout I might just hate Mike. Quite the contrary. He's as charming and encouraging on Day 74 as he was on Day 1. Even after two workouts in one really long day. That's pretty awesome.

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit

***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com  

2 comments:

  1. Today I completed Week 6's CCC and I must admit, my Grinder was head and shoulders above Day 1. On Day 1 I had to pause the workout and it took me maybe 2 minutes longer to finish. Today I started when they did on the video, and finished (without stopping) maybe 5 seconds after they did. And I video taped myself and my form looked very good. It felt horrible doing it due to my tiredness, but in the video I could see I still had great form. The results of TapouT are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! Congratulations... The Grinder is no joke. I think the results from TapouT are amazing too. I'm thrilled and I've really enjoyed the workouts!

    ReplyDelete