Day 80: Buns & Guns / Ultimate Abs

It's a beautiful Sunday evening, and the sun has set on another weekend. It's Day 80 - wow - and today's workout was Buns & Guns, plus Ultimate Abs.

Is it bad that after I finished these workouts today I laid on the floor for a few minutes without moving? I think I was breathing, but it was like a deep Savasana pose (Yoga corpse pose).

I had brunch with a friend today and we talked about how challenging it can be for people to settle into Savasana. I realized this evening that complete exhaustion is quite helpful in assuming corpse position. I was so tired that I literally finished Ultimate Abs and just stayed on the floor mat.

Maybe I really am too old to do TapouT XT. Wait, what? Shut the front door! No way. I'm not too old. I'm just on Day 80. 8-0. I'm just a little, mmm, fitfully exhausted. :) To the headlines, below.


Headlines

1.  Doing TapouT after eating chocolate cake (albeit gluten free) for lunch is no bueno. Yes, just chocolate cake. True confession.
2.  Buns & Guns is one of my top 3 favorite TapouT workouts. I love everything about it. Well, afterwards.
3.  I bought a higher resistance band to use for my guns... but forgot. How convenient. My punishment? Extra gun work this week.
4.  I have no doubt that it is 100% impossible to NOT have a firm behind after doing this workout as part of the program. Impossible.
5.  I don't talk much about Ultimate Abs in the blog, just because it's hard to know what to say. It's hard as sh*t. You can feel it work. Love. Hate.

Memorable Move

My Savasana pose didn't kick in until after Ultimate Abs. During Buns & Guns I was firing on all cylinders. During Superman Pulses (superman pose, leg band on, legs wide, pulsing upward) I wanted to punch something. Luckily, Mike calls for some elbow throwing during the move. It doesn't seem like laying on your belly could possible be hard, until you try this move.

Oh, but it's not over. The Bun Blaster "Killer Move" is killer. It's a series of moves that involve plank position, the leg band, and raising, holding, and extending of one leg at a time. As if the name "Killer Move" isn't intimidating enough, Mike says beforehand that it should really be called the "Painful Move." At least you know you're in for it before you get started. Tail. On. Fire. See #4 above.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

I've talked about a few of the MMA fighters here and how much I admire their fitness and their commitment to be the best in their field. Chris "Lights Out" Lytle is one of the MMA legends and he appears in several of the DVDs. In this workout:
Mike:  "Chris, where does all your kicking power come from?" 
Chris: "The base. The power. The butt."
Mike: "The butt. See?!?"
I like power. I like kicking. I like having a firm behind. Round - yes. Firm - yes. Sag - oh, hell no. Not even at 48. And so... this workout is part of the hall of fame in my household. Even if I have to do Ultimate Abs at the end. Even if I collapse into Savasana corpse pose afterwards. Because whenever I stand up, and I eventually do, I have the results to show for it. Please and thank you.

More tomorrow,
Lisa
"Bandit"

***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com  

2 comments:

  1. I took a note from your playbook and ordered the Lifeline USA lateral resistance bands. They have adjustable resistance and can order additional bands to increase the resistance when you are ready. At least, it seems like you can do that! They'll be here later this week so we'll see how they go. http://www.lifelineusa.com/products/lateral-resistor-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I think you'll like having the new bands. Let me know what you think once they arrive!

      Delete