Day 81: *&^%$#@ Plyo!


It's Monday night and Day 81.

 I just completed my final Plyo workout, aka *&^%$#@.

<--- If I had taken a photo after I finished tonight... this is what I would've looked like. It's like the skies opened up, the birds were chirping, and all was well with the world.  :-D

When I marked it off the calendar, for the very last time, I had to add an exclamation point. I'm kind of beyond thrilled with this milestone.

Tonight I celebrate surviving Plyo. I celebrate pressing play, hitting it hard, and sweating like crazy. I celebrate swearing at Mike, squatting until my legs want to explode, and going through 32 ounces of water in 50 minutes. Mostly? I celebrate being done with Plyo. I'm smiling ear-to-ear.

To the headlines, below.



Headlines

1. As Iyanla Vanzant says: "Let's call a thing, a thing, people."  Plyo is just flat-out cccrrraaazzzyyy. It makes me want to crumble.
2. To be fair, Mike does warn us up front that this is hard. Even the warm-up is hard. He has to remind us that we're still IN the warm-up.
3. I swore at some point I would count up the total number of squats, but I was so tired tonight I didn't do it. Again. It's like a gazillion + one.
4. My poor knees struggle with all things "explode." I think it's more fear of injury than likelihood of injury that holds me back. (Lame?)
5. I give Mike all kinds of respect for the intensity and creativity of this workout. Some of the moves are really, really awesome.

Memorable Move

Plyo has some squat sequences that are truly inspirational - and awful, in a good way. But today's memorable moves on this last Plyo workout are the Lateral Lunge sequences. These moves are so killer. One calls for a lateral lunge, followed by knee drive and skater dip. Another calls for a lateral lunge, with knee drive and kicks. Later full-on skaters with knee drives are called. Legs? Check. Butt? Check. Cardio? Check. I've LOVED these moves since the start, even when I couldn't make it through the sequences without stopping. It feels pretty awesome to nail them on this final Plyo workout.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

This quote couldn't be more appropriate for Plyo. Mike says pretty early on: "We warm up the way that we train. So let's get this thing going. Right here. Right now." I remember one of my earlier blogs I listed all the Plyo moves we do during the warm-up. It's insane really. It sets the tone for the cooker workout that follows, that's for sure!

The sense of accomplishment that comes from surviving Plyo is pretty awesome. I still have some tough workouts on the week 12 calendar - Competition Core, Sprawl & Brawl, and Cardio XT. But Plyo is in a category all it's own.

Cheers to being able to say I survived TapouT XT-Plyo!

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment