Day 45: Half-Way Results


Happy Sunday afternoon. Today's a big day!

It's Day 45 - the half-way mark for my 90 day TapouT XT adventure.

I can honestly say that the first 45 days doing TapouT has flown by. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it in the moment, say during Plyo... but overall, time has flown. I've hit every single workout, and tried to hit them hard. And early results are starting to show, for sure. 

Do I have a hard-core TapouT body? Maybe not quite yet. Do I see significant changes in my body after only 45 days? Absolutely YES.

As part of my accountability, I'm sharing my results broadly. Check out the numbers (and photos) below.

The Headline 
I see significant changes in every part of my body since starting TapouT XT. I'm stronger, leaner, more firm and more flexible. I also have significantly more endurance, and greater cardiovascular strength.
And here's the thing: Even if I hadn't seen results, this workout is so fun and so challenging I'd do it anyway. That says a lot for me.

Early Results:  45 Days

Let's check out the results so far. For someone my size, I wasn't expecting to see many measurable changes. I expected to gain muscle and lean up a bit - and look better as a result. I wanted to drop just a few pounds, but that generally comes more from diet than exercise for me. Note that I haven't changed my diet at all during this initial 45 days. Granted, I eat pretty clean, but I also indulge with fair regularity. 

The changes to my body are significant. Every muscle in my body is more firm, more taut, and more "active" these days. What I mean is that when I move, I can see the finer muscles firing in addition to the bigger ones I expect to see. Very cool. I can only imagine in another 45 days how these subtle changes will add up to big impact.
Here are my 45 Day results:
Weight:  Lost 4.5 pounds
Body Fat:  Down 2%
Chest:  Lost .75 inch
Waist:  Lost 2 inches
Tummy: Lost 1.25 inches
Hips: No measurement change
Arms: Gained .25 inch
Legs: No measurement change
Just a note on the measurements. The changes that are visible on my body are more substantial than you perceive from the numbers. Example: No change in my leg measurement is so misleading, because the changes are significant. They are rock solid... same size, not the same strength or tone.

The Proof

I can't exactly hold myself accountable to sharing results and not share a few photos. I'm not quite ready to post bikini shots, but here are some pics below that show progress in a few areas. For those of you who are offended by tattoos, you may want to stop here.  :)  Below are a few fun shots from Day 45, this morning. I'll keep the rest on ice for now, but I'll post several pics at the 90 day mark for sure, to celebrate my completion of the program. I wish the pics could capture the results the way I see them in the mirror, but alas... not quite. But you'll get the idea.

One More Note First

My husband, Pat, and I had a discussion today about posting pics and sharing this blog. We talked about how this started as a fun thing for my friends who are also fitness nuts - a way for them to follow along with TapouT and live vicariously through me. The blog also started as a way to hold myself accountable. It's worked... I haven't missed a single workout in 45 days. And I've been compelled to try and crush the workouts because I have to report out to you afterwards!  

But there's something else that's come into play. So many people are interested in TapouT and checking in on my progress... to gauge whether they want to do it themselves or find support and inspiration from someone else who's struggling right along with them. To my husband's point, and he's right, if I don't share my results and show that this workout makes a difference, I'm missing an opportunity to encourage others. I want to inspire other people to do it, to stick with it, and to find their own best level of fitness too.  

If I can do this at 48, I know other people can too. It's HARD... but it's awesome. It's FUN... but it delivers results. If I inspire one person by sharing my results and posting my pics, mission accomplished. I know I've been incredibly inspired by so many others who have shared their results with me. I can't wait to share my final results in another 45 days!

And of course, I have to make you laugh with my pics, because what's the point of following along with a blog that isn't entertaining?!?  :-)  So here's the proof, and a laugh to go along with it.


Rounded shoulders = love.  Ready, set...
GO!  "Gun show, baby!"  :-)  Getting there, Mike, but more work to do!
The start of a six pack:  Strong, flat and firm. :) Next up?  Rrrrrrrr-ipped!
Thanks to all of you for your support these first 45 days.  On to the next 45.  Wish me luck!!

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"

*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com


2 comments:

  1. Impressive Lisa. In the past, I debated the blog post thingie as well, but the reasons you mention are amongst the reasons I continue to post. Glad to see you remaining committed, progressing and you are certainly inspiring. Continue to live it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, G! It's a great thing to find ways to motivate and inspire others. I know you do it with your blog and your photos for sure. You are so incredibly fit and committed - I know I'm inspired. Thanks for the positive feedback and encouragement. It means a lot, especially coming from you! Lis

      Delete