Day 58: Muay Thai



Hi again from beautiful California.

It's Day 58 of TapouT and Day 2 of Vacation.

Today I had an amazing workout. I'm in this beautiful setting, right on the water. I'm well-rested and well-fed and totally relaxed. And I let myself choose my own workout... which of course is my favorite, Muay Thai.

Earned with sweat - drenched - even on vacation. This may be one of my best workouts ever.

So fun.  

To the headlines, below.



Headlines

1. I love being on vacation.
2. I love sunny California and the beautiful beaches.
3. I love my Mac Air, even more (hard to believe) now that it holds all my TapouT workouts.
4. I love TapouT and I especially love Muay Thai.
5. Put it all together?  I'm one happy girl today.

Memorable Move

Working out in a hotel room is usually challenging, but I have plenty of room here. I am, however, on the 3rd floor so I'm trying not to bang around too much.  Enter today's move:  Broad Jump/Plank/Walk-Backs. Hi neighbors!! Mike says in the workout to "land softly." I've never paid much attention because I'm a bit of a clodhopper. Not soft on my feet. Today? I had to pay attention. Much to my surprise, guess what? The move is easier and more effective if you land softly. And with a little effort, I was able to do it. Fun little bonus in today's workout.

One other memorable note today:  Miesha Tate is on this workout. At one point Mike is standing in front of her while she does kicks. He mentions that if he put his jaw there, it would be broken. No kidding. Miesha has a seriously mean kick. And she has a big fight tonight. I'm taping it at home, but will be checking in tonight after the conference to see how she does. I hope she crushes it. I'm rooting for her! I wince and turn away a lot when I watch MMA fights, but I admire the fighters for their fitness, their commitment, and their fierce capabilities. Go, Miesha!

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day



During one of the sequences today I cracked up. I had the volume up and I'm sure some people down by the water could hear snipets. Wonder if they heard this and then me laughing like crazy?

"You KNOW this one is pain. Elbows in, cover up the rib cage. There it is. Ohhhh. This is definitely gonna gas you at home if you're not in shape. So stick with us as much as you can!"

I was gassed for sure - sweating buckets by the end. But I've got nothing to complain about. I'm so lucky to be in this beautiful place and to have discovered TapouT. Come and get it? Yep. Even on vacation!




More soon!
Lisa
"Bandit"


*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment