Day 50! Competition Core


It's Friday and believe it or not... it's Day 50!

I didn't flinch much at the prospect of 90 days when I decided to do TapouT.  My friends and family think I'm crazy. They can't understand why I'd take on something like this.

TapouT has been going quickly since Day 1. I have to say, though, this Week 7 has been a scorcher for me. Knowing I'm on Day 50 helps. It's a nice big number that I can feel good about - especially since I'm just beyond 50% of the way done. Celebrating the small victories along the way is really important to keep myself motivated. So today I celebrate 5-0 and look forward to my next milestones of 60, 75 and 90 days!

Today was Competition Core. It seems like forever since I've done this workout. When it first started, I didn't even remember it during the warm-up. I started to think maybe I put the wrong dvd in earlier when I was supposed to be do this workout. After the warm-up, though, it came back to me quickly.

You know what's weird? It's a core workout. And I like it. :)

What's even better? As I was typing this update, I got a HUGE life lesson as a result of this workout. BAM. Please, check it out below.


Headlines

1. Competition Core is the real deal. It's tough. Cardio, band work, floor work. It's scheduled less often, which makes it fresh and fun.
2. I can feel this workout within minutes and my core is tight throughout. There's no question I'll remember this workout tomorrow.
3. I try to stay hydrated during the workouts. For CC, less would be better. Mike mentions it on a water break. Good call. Next time.
4. Mike pushes the team hard on this one. More than on any other workout. It makes me thankful I'm not there in person. No joke.
5. A long overdue shout-out to Diego. He is unbelievable. His abs and his biceps defy reality. Wow. That's serious commitment, for sure!

Memorable Move:  Today = Huge Life Lesson = BAM.

The move that made the whole workout come flooding back to me today (after my early amnesia) was Orlie Hops. These are one-legged Burpees. I was fully prepared to complain with great humor about how awful this move is. My first thought was, "Who thinks up these intense moves?!?"  I was also prepared to forever dislike this person named Orlie, who inspired the Orlie Hop. I mean, Burpees are tough enough without having to do them one-legged, right?

Mike Orlie - Inspiration for the "Orlie Hop."  

So I went online just now and googled the Orlie Hop, grumbling and preparing to dislike the person who inspired it. Shut the front door. What an amazing lesson I received when I saw this photo posted on Mike Karpenko's Facebook page.

<< - This is Mike Orlie, who inspired the move and who is, by the way, doing the 90 day TapouT program.

I'm beyond inspired. I'm amazed and impressed and humbled. I'm ashamed for wanting to complain about Orlie Hops... because they were so hard.

Never again will I challenge this move. In fact, I may drop and do another set tonight in Mike Orlie's honor. (Update - I did this!)

What a great thing to see Mike honored by this move - and to see Mike Karpenko do the move with such joy. Now I know why he's smiling. Because how can you not be blown away by Mike Orlie's decision to do TapouT?




Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

At one point in the workout, Mike says, "Enjoy the ride. It's TAPOUT, baby!!"

I am so enjoying the ride. Love this workout. Love being inspired by other people who are doing this workout. And most of all, love being inspired by Mike Orlie.

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"


*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment