Day 62: Yoga XT

Jackson starting to worry about saying Yes to Yoga XT.

It's Day 62, my first in Phase III after a rest day yesterday... and it's Yoga XT day.

Today was the the MOST FUN yoga day ever. Ever.

<--- Here's why. My nephew Jackson moved to Boulder today to start his freshman year at CU. And because I'm such a great auntie, I roped him into doing Yoga XT with me. When I asked, I didn't expect him to say yes. Especially since I don't have too many nice things to say about Yoga.

Jackson had never done Yoga before. You can see his skepticism in this photo. So funny! I should've taken an after photo... but it would've been hard to capture his expression as he was passed out on the floor in the shadows. :-D

To the headlines, below.




Headlines

Jackson is helping me with the headlines today.

1. Jackson loves his yoga just as much as I do. If you've been following along, you know that's a joke. More than once, "What the...?!?!?"
2. When Mike says "We're gonna have some fun" the appropriate response is an immediate and loud - "Oh God." Jackson is a fast learner.
3. I laughed and laughed and laughed during Yoga because finally someone has the same balance challenges as I do.
4. Jackson worked out next to the couch so he could keep his balance and have a place to collapse at the end. Very handy.
5. Doing Yoga with someone who can laugh with you at how flippin' hard it is, makes it way more fun!

Memorable Move

So... do all men have a hard time with Chair Pose, or is it just Jackson? I've never snorted during a TapouT workout from laughing, until today. OMG, I was cracking up. Jackson is a swimmer, not a poser. Balance isn't necessary for his craft. It's shocking that he never fell off the diving blocks. Even as I tried (laughing) to help him get in the pose it was just not gonna happen. So, so, so funny. The irony is that Chair Pose is my favorite. When I told Jackson that I'd rather do Chair Pose than Plank, his response: "I'd rather do Plank all day long!!"

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

Mike:  "This has gotta feel good."
Lisa and Jackson simultaneously:  "NO! It doesn't!!"

Favorite Jackson Quote Of The Day

Mike:  "You really have to focus on breathing. Be sure to breathe."
Jackson:  "Breathing is the least of my troubles, good sir!"


I love that I finally had a really fun workout with Yoga. I'm fresh back from vacation, with a "rest" day of travel yesterday. I contemplated blowing off my workout today to spend time with Jackson and have some fun before he heads to the dorms tomorrow. The fact that I committed and didn't blow it off is great. The fact that Jackson was like "Sure" when I asked if he wanted to do Yoga with me... awesome.

Big love for all things Tapout!

Lisa
"Bandit"


*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com


No comments:

Post a Comment