Day 57: Strength Force Upper

Have TapouT... will travel! Vaca Day 1!

Hello from beautiful California!

It's Day 57 of TapouT - and Day 1 of Vacation.

Usually when I go on vacation I focus on indulgence, 100%. Vacation is about taking a break. This vacation?  Not a chance. I'm committed to stay the course with TapouT. I don't want to lose traction at this point in my journey.

I arrived this afternoon. Within a couple of hours, I went to the store to stock up on veggies, turkey bacon, and a few not-so-bad indulgences. (The room service menu is a bit too indulgent.) And then? I came back to the hotel to get in a workout.

This is a first for me. Just goes to show how much I'm enjoying TapouT.

Day 1 in the bag with Strength Force Upper. Have TapouT... will travel!

To the headlines, below.



Headlines

1. When I chose SFU to do today, I was actually thinking of Ripped Conditioning. SFU is harder than I planned to hit it today. Oops!
2. My arms look pretty amazing at the end of this workout. I wish they'd stay that way for good.  :-)
3. SFU is heavy on push-ups. Lots in volume and variety. I really missed my floor mat today.
4. I left the balcony door open. Even though I'm on the 3rd floor, I got some interesting looks while I was punching what appeared to be... no one.
5. Working out hard, while on vacation, is kind of fun. It feels somehow more gratifying, because I usually take a pass.

Memorable Move

Today I liked one move more than I liked it last time I did this workout:  Scarecrow Lunges. You're in a lunge position, with the band hooked under your back foot. You pull the band up to your shoulders, extend over your head, and then drop your arms into a scarecrow position before repeating. I remember absolutely dreading this move last time. This time, it wasn't so bad. Still hard, but not crushing. I love seeing progress on specific moves when a workout comes back into rotation. I'm getting stronger. BOOM. Love that.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

There are a couple of times during this workout where I think about wanting to quit. All the up and down alternating moves. All the pushups. At one point Mike says, "Back down, guys. Back down. Get back down here. This is probably where you're gonna wanna quit. Or it could be a point where you're like 'Oh, not another pushup'... Let me tell ya. In TapouT, quitting doesn't exist. Let's get into this. Here we go!"

I love that Mike acknowledges that it might be a breaking point for folks in the workout. And I love that he commands everyone to "get back down here" and stop thinking about quitting. I don't know about you, but it makes me think "Okay. Okay. Yeah. Okay. I'm back." And then I power through the rest of the workout. It's like a near-miss death-of-a-workout. To the edge and back!

I've got a rest day coming up at some point, so I'll be back tomorrow or the next day!

Have a great weekend!
Lisa
"Bandit"


*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

2 comments:

  1. Bandit,

    I just wanted to tell you your post have been both inspiring and enlightening. I too am on this tapout journey. I am on day 41 and I am struggling with the wrist issues. Other than that I am really enjoying the program and I am already seeing some results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erika,
      Thanks so much! It's really so fun to do the workout and share my struggles and victories with others who are in it. Day 41 for you - congratulations! This is so much harder than most people realize, particularly when you dig in and push yourself. Can you imagine how victorious we're gonna feel at Day 90? Not sure if you saw my post after Yoga last week, but the Yoga Paws seemed to ease the burden on my wrists during Yoga. I may try them on one of the heavy push-up workouts and see if they help there too. Anything to give my wrists a little break! If you find any tricks yourself, let me know! :)
      Lisa

      Delete