Day 48: Legs and Back

Hey there -

It's a Wednesday afternoon, Day 48, for Legs and Back.

I'll just say it. Last night I had cupcakes. Yep, three of them. Gluten-free, of course, and made with Earth Balance vs. Butter. But with icing galore. I've been pretty good about sugar lately, although I do love occasional indulgences. This was a delicious, indulgent treat. Did I mention I ate these in lieu of dinner? Not even one vegetable to offset the sugar. Yikes! :-) I told myself I'd hit it hard today.

I woke up this morning with a slight food coma... and as my friend Jason says, I was feeling like someone "beat me with a bag of hammers" in the night. My body has been sore this week. I think it's probably common at the mid-way mark to be feelin' it. I intended to eat a 4th cupcake for breakfast with my morning coffee, but decided to pass. So far I haven't caved.

Needless to say I didn't feel like hitting it hard today, cupcakes or no. So...

To the headlines, below.




Headlines

1. If you said I'd have to do Plyo 3 times in a row if I ate 3 cupcakes, I'd still eat them. I love them that much. (Please don't make me prove it.)
2. Legs and Back is a short workout at just over 40 minutes, but the pace is quick and it's mad tough.
3. All those squats, Jiminy Cricket! Tail on fire by the end when the reverse lunge, squat, kick sequence comes. Dying.
4. Push-ups with one-arm sequences... I don't really have words. At one point, I heard myself say "No!" But I did them anyway. Sort of.
5. It's definitely time for more intensity on the back moves. Old band, not enough anymore. Same with push-ups. I love seeing progress!

Memorable Move

Today I realized that a move I didn't care for at first is seriously growing on me. The Tire Flips weren't a favorite move early on. Squat and pretend to be flipping a huge truck tire, up and over, while using the bands for intensity. What dawned on me today is that this move when done with intensity works the whole body. A deep squat and a big push on the lift... works legs, butt, back and arms. One of the reasons I'm torched at the end is probably this specific move. I just didn't realize it before.

When I finished up my workout this afternoon, I saw photos from a TapouT team member. He was actually flipping real - and enormous - truck tires! So cool. Next time this move will be even more fun, because I'm gonna visualize doing it for real. :) I wonder where one finds an enormous truck tire for flipping anyway? I think I'll just stick with visualizing for now.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

While flipping tires, Mike is helping everyone visualize the exercise in the first round. SO funny: "Ready? FLIP it over. C'mon. We're gonna see how many flips we can get in the backyard. Are we gonna go into our neighbor's backyard? I'm gonna try. I'm gonna flip it in his pool. I don't like my neighbor."  I crack up every single time.

Mike makes TapouT fun. It's what keeps me coming back for more, even when I know I'm gonna feel like someone beat me with a bag of hammers the next day. I'm filled with anticipation before the workout. I laugh during the workout. I smile with pride after the workout. It's "total yumminess" as Mike says. 100%.

Now somebody help my tired and weary body up out of this chair, so I can go have another cupcake. :)

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"


*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment