Day 51: Yoga (Already? Again?)

Read more about my new Yoga-Paws below!
It's Saturday evening on Day 51- with Yoga on the calendar.

Wait. Yoga? Again? I just did Yoga!

Yes, Yoga is on the calendar twice this week... Week 8 is probably intended to be a bit of a recovery week. I would complain, except that there is no Plyo this week. This, to me, feels like a fair trade. :-) It's possibly a mistake, but I'm going with it.

As for my beloved Yoga, I do have one bit of progress to report today vs. last week. Surprised? To the headlines, below.




Headlines

1. My big acceptance last week - that I don't like Yoga - made a huge difference for me today. Like eating lima beans. Survive-able.
2. When my shoulders started burning today, I decided to move my neck side to side. It either distracted me or helped. Either way, good.
3. I did some moves on the mat, and some off the mat today. That seemed to help too. My mat is pretty thick; not always best.
4. Today was a writing day on the book, so I was on the computer all day. Yoga *may* have actually helped. (Reluctant shout out.)
5. I tried two new products today that I'm confident made Yoga move from liver... to lima beans.  See below.

New Products

In the mid-90s there was a local Internet Service Provider competing against AOL. The company took out a full page ad in Denver, with the headline:  WE SUCK LESS.  I loved that ad then, and I still do now. I reference it so often. Anyway, I've been hoping that if I can find just the right product(s) for Yoga, it will suck less. Good news! Today Yoga sucked a little less.  :-)

I bought Yoga-Paws.  www.yogapaws.com  These are padded, anti-stick gear for your hands and feet. They're intended to serve as a yoga mat for when you're traveling or when you need extra cushion. I slip a lot, even on a mat. And my wrists are torched pretty quickly and in need of support. So... I decided to give them a try. (I also bought a pair for my sister for her birthday tomorrow. She's avoiding me right now because I keep asking her how she's doing with TapouT, so I don't think she'll read this. Shhhhh.)

Here's what the website has to say:
"The inspiring and unique way to stabilize your foundation when doing yoga postures and Pilates exercises. A revolutionary design provides solid support, extra padding, and non-slip peace of mind. Fitting in your purse, pocket, or travel bag. Going somewhere? No need to lug that mat around with you anymore cause Yoga-Paws are ideal for TRAVEL!" 
Here's what I have to say:  Yoga is better with Yoga-Paws. Mine are a little tight, because I got the smallest size. But they helped with my hands and my feet. Much greater stability and some cushion to make me feel more comfortable.

I am still a looooooong way from liking Yoga. But without hesitation I can say that it sucked less today. That, real deal, is huge. Maybe it will be even better the second time I do it this week? Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. :)


Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

This is pure funniness. If I can love Mike, even during Yoga, well, you know he must be lovable. This is the best quote of all the prior 50 days.

"Have a little fun with this! It's stretch, guys. Just because it's stretch, and it's difficult, and your butt's not quite to your heels... and your achin', and screamin'... doesn't mean it can't be fun!"

What's left to say? I love Mike, despite his love of Yoga!

Rest day tomorrow I think, so more Monday. Have a great rest of the weekend.

 Lisa
"Bandit"

*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment