Day 49: Cardio XT


Take THAT, Mike!
Hey there - 

It's Thursday, Day 49, with Cardio XT on the books.

I'll just admit up front that today wasn't my best workout to-date. I wasn't particularly feeling it. I'm a little tired this week, and sore from pushing my intensity up a bit. 

But I did it. Huffing, puffing, and scowling? Perhaps. BUT I was able to capture a smile on my face while I pretend punched Mike in the face.  :-) This was, of course, near the end. The smile, I mean. Not the pretend punching.  HA!

To the headlines, below.


Headlines

1. If I were to sit on the couch and watch this workout, I think it would look easy. I don't understand what exactly makes it so hard!
2. Susan, one of the women on this DVD, impresses the sh*t out of me with her endurance. In weighted gloves no less.
3. The "fast feet" boxing moves are fun for about a second. Who knew that bobbing around was so killer on the legs and butt?
4. Mike and team do this one barefoot. I haven't yet. Not sure why. Maybe I should try that next time? Hello, Captain Obvious.
5. As I type this, I'm watching the Olympics, and eating a delicious kale salad with turkey, veggies and cashews. My treat for Cardio XT. :)

Memorable Move

I've mentioned a few moves that kill me on prior blogs about Cardio XT. I have to say that I pretty much stink at almost every move on this workout. I do them all, but if someone were to tape my workout... they'd think I was performing a tribal dance of some kind, possibly while on hallucinogenic drugs. Totally not kidding. I may just have to tape this workout at some point, to give myself and everyone else a laugh.

The most memorable move for me today was one in the warm-up. That's right. During the warm-up. Don't judge me! Mike introduces a Skier move, where essentially you put your feet together and then pretend you're skiing moguls, jumping side to side and then forward and back. Guh. They make me extremely grumpy after the first several seconds. I'm quite sure the move is great for my legs and butt. It is not great, however, for my future frown lines that are developing with each Cardio XT session.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

Late in the workout, Mike introduces a series of Interval and Butt Kicks. I love all of the kicking in TapouT, but the body is a little torched at this point in today's workout. First his quote... and then my photo response.
"Get me away from you at home. I'm coming in your living room. Kick me away! Oh. I'm coming in. Kick me away. Here we go."

Just following directions... "kick me away."  :)

Bottom line: I don't jump for joy when it's Cardio XT day, but guess what? It certainly isn't because I don't think it works. It's precisely because it works me so hard.

All love from me to TapouT. Every single day.

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"


*** 
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment