Day 12: Legs and Back

Hi everyone!

You would think I would love this workout. My legs and back are both strong.

And I do sorta love this workout.

BUT THE LEG BAND... I DO NOT LOVE.  See photographic evidence, larger, below.  :-D

To the headlines.



Headlines

1. Some of the transitions come so fast! My hands are shaking while I try to quickly maneuver the leg band. I feel 85 years old.
2. As a result, I miss a few early reps of the next exercise. Darn. '-)
3. I'm getting really solid in my squats. The volume was killing me last week. This week, not so much. Cool.
4. I still hate lunges of all kinds. But I just keep telling myself they work.
5. Last week I was too stunned to notice, but Mike is really funny throughout this workout. Really funny.

The Scoop

I love that this workout is only 40 minutes. It makes me smile when the dvd menu comes up, even though I know it's a tough 40 minutes. Something about gaining 10-15 minutes over other workouts feels like a win, before I even get started.

The hardest thing for me this week with legs and back wasn't so much the moves - I did kind of remarkably well on most of the moves. The pace is still a killer. Mike is up and down, and up and down, one band, and then the other. It adds a cardio element that sneaks up on me. All by design, I know.

Most Memorable Move

Todays' most memorable move? Same as #1 last week: Reverse Lunge/Squat/Push Kick.  So... this move pretty much... blows. Ha! It's deceptively hard! When I started today I thought, "This isn't so bad. Wow. Look at me go." Then after a few reps that kick became harder and harder!  When he said to take a breath because we had to do the other side, I didn't whimper quietly. I full-on whimpered. But there's no quitting in TapouT, so I powered through to the very last second. I don't know who I was trying to prove something to, but there it is. Done! My butt looks better already.

Overall

I like this workout. But I hate that stupid leg band. I cannot keep it around my ankles or my feet to save my soul on anything beyond the marching moves. I did better today, but still not great. How do they do it?!? If anyone reading this has a tip for me, please please share it. I fight that band the whole workout. Today I was secretly hoping it would break so I wouldn't have to use it anymore. What? At least I'm honest.

Favorite Mike quote today: There are so MANY today!  I'm gonna go with,"Just don't hug a stranger. Cuz that would be awkward." Love him. He makes this workout hella fun.

Here's a little photographic evidence of how much I hate the leg band.  :)

Sweating after a killer Leg and Back workout. I want to hurt someone with this leg band. Oh, how I dislike it.

More tomorrow - after a new workout I haven't done yet!
Lisa


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment