Day 34: Rest and Day 35: Cardio XT

Not chronically awesome... contemplating a horrible tee shot. :-) Rest day? No.
Happy Thursday - Day 35, Cardio XT.

Today's workout is the one that almost didn't happen. Back from a rest day yesterday where I didn't really rest. I played golf and I'm feeling it today. Haven't been playing enough to have my 'golf muscles' loose. End result:  I woke up slightly hungover (Mike's Hard Lemonade is mandatory during golf, isn't it?!?), tired, and a little sore.

I thought about taking a "real" rest day and doubling up tomorrow. Then I logged onto Facebook to visit the active TapouT community. I saw person after person come and get it. So many people are having to work much harder than I am, early in their fitness days and really crushing it.

Stood up. Threw on my TapouT gear. And GOT IT.

To the headlines.



Headlines

1. Cardio XT shouldn't be that hard. Each individual move is tough, but the workout combined is crushing.
2. Part of Mike's genius with TapouT is the combination of moves and the pacing I think. It's what pushes you - hard.
3. I like punching and kicking a lot more than cardio.  :-)  There, I admitted it.
4. This one has a bit of an after-burner affect. See Mike's quote below. I think it's true.
5. I can't say I look forward to this workout, but when it's done... I'm cooked. That makes it pretty awesome.

Memorable Move

When Mike starts off saying, "This is a terror of a move" and sounds happy about it, you know you're in trouble. The Low Jack Hands move is brutal. He's not lying; it really is a terror. You do jumping jacks, but while in a lunge position, moving your legs in and back to lunge without standing up. I can't even describe it in a way that non-TapouT XT'ers would understand. But even if you can't picture the move, it sounds awful right? Good. Mission accomplished. GUH.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

Last week I included a pretty good handful of funny quotes from this workout. Today, I'll include the real-deal quote of the day: "I promise you, you're gonna feel this throughout the entire day."  No sh*t. I do feel it several hours later. I think my metabolism is still amped up. Hopefully it's killing some of those calories from Mike's Hard Lemonade yesterday. Yeah, different Mike. But both hard!  :-D

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

1 comment: