Day 38: Cross Core Combat

Cross Core Combat is serious business. Hard core.
Ah, sweet Sunday.

Sunday is a day of rest for so many of you, but for me? Nope. I didn't start on a Monday, so Sunday is just another workout day with Mike. Day 38, Cross Core Combat.

This was my third time doing Cross Core Combat. Earlier today, as I thought about this workout, I couldn't remember much about it. But I remembered that it was hard. As soon as I started the dvd, I knew I was in for it. It all started to come back. This is a TOUGH workout, that wraps up with the "mother of all moves." The fact that it follows Cardio XT, Plyo and Ripped Conditioning - well, it's a tough week on the calendar.

Today's workout ended with a breakthrough moment - and me in tears. Yep, tears.

To the headlines.

Headlines

1. This workout has walking planks, sphinx planks, side planks, and a ton of other core work. Ouch.
2. The pace is quick, and the moves are targeted and intense. All the way through.
3. The name should've been my first clue that this was going to test me. How did I forget from the last time? I think I blocked it mentally.
4. Could GFO combo's (flip over/knee drives) be any more fun? Mike can't say what it stands for, but I think I know. :)
5. This is for sure the first workout that ended in tears for me. Ever. And I wasn't hurt. See Memorable Moves below.

Memorable Moves

Today's memorable move is the one that brought me to tears. The Killer Move at the end of a 40+ minute workout is The Grinder. Ten normal width pushups followed by ten tuck-ins. Nine tricep pushups followed by nine tuck-ins. Eight normal width pushups followed by eight tuck-ins, etc... all the way down to one without stopping. 

The first time I did this workout, I just laughed. The second time, I got to 7-ish and was so tired after the full workout that preceded, I laughed again and stopped. Not even everyone on the dvd chooses to do this move.

Today, I didn't intend to finish. But I started. (Granted, knee down during the push-ups, but not entirely lame, and full tuck-ins.) Once I started, I kept going. And I kept going. And I finally realized I could finish the move and get all the way down to one tricep pushup and one tuck-in.

When I finished, I was drenched and dripping with sweat. And the minute I finished, I started crying. I was so surprised that I did it. And so proud of myself for powering through and finishing. I felt like it was a break-through moment for me. Why? Because I could've easily just bagged on it. I could've quit whenever I wanted, and moved straight to the cool down. Who would know? Who would care? ME. I chose not to quit.

The point I guess is that my personal level of commitment to TapouT is higher than it's been with other workouts. I want to do it. I'm inspired to achieve a new level of fitness. I want to earn it, all the way. It's not enough to look fit - I want be BE fit. Feel fit. And so I didn't quit. And when I got to the end, the emotion of choosing not to quit was a little overwhelming. I didn't tap out.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

Today's quote is so fitting: "TapouT doesn't give a body away. You gotta come and get it."

Oh, I'm comin' to get it. Yesterday, today and tomorrow. Thanks, Mike!

More tomorrow,
Lisa
"Bandit"


***My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment