Day 29: Plyo - @#$%^&*

Hi everyone,

I can't believe that I'm already at Day 29. I'm still pretty cooked from the workouts. I'm still feeling sore in new places. I'm still feeling a little lame during some of sequences. But I'm still loving TapouT.

As for Plyo, well, let's just hit the headlines.

Headlines

1- Plyo moves are hard... for old people. :-) The explode sequences are more like ungraceful transitions when I do them.
2- I think my stubbornness may have something to do with my performance. What I don't like, I don't wanna do. Hmmm.
3- I got both feet off the ground cleanly for a few explodes today. I thought it would feel like a victory. Nope. Need to do better.
4- If I ever meet Mike in person, I may punch him full-on, in the face, for Running Lunges. Twice. Really hard.
5- I noticed on the calendar that one of the weeks coming up doesn't have Plyo. I squealed with delight when I saw that.

Memorable Move

So... Tuck Jumps. I can't do them. I feel like I weigh 1000 pounds when I try. I shake the foundation of my house. I know I must've done this stuff with ease as a little kid. Why are these so hard as an adult?

Today's Observation

I think I need an attitude adjustment about Plyo. I need to stop dreading it because it starts me off with a limited mindset. I need to embrace it, and scream out loud like a crazy person while jumping madly in the air during this workout. Maybe then I'll have more fun with it. And build my endurance. Next time, Plyo. You're mine.

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

 It came as he tried to get us to jump high, but land soft. Per my note above, this is not my forte. "Don't wake the neighbors! Shhhh. But get UP. Get UP. Add the punch. Boom. Boom. Punch. Boom. Boom. <more> Knock the neighbor out, because he came to your door!" I <3 Mike.

More tomorrow, 

Lisa
"Bandit" 

***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment