Day 15: Cross Core Combat

Hi everyone!

Back after my much-needed Rest Day 14 - and jumped right into Cross Core Combat for Day 15.

My husband, Pat, tried a few of the moves with me today. I earned some MAD respect when he saw just how hard this workout was. Nice. Wait 'til I get him into some Plyo.  :-D

Let's hit the headlines... below.

Headlines

1. I did SO much better today than on Day 1. Shocking progress.
2. I liked this workout SO much better today than on Day 1 too.  :)
3. Some of the moves were too intimidating on Day 1; didn't try them. Guess what? They're fun.
4. Superman/Banana, oh how I hate thee. Those punches at the end make me want to... punch something. But not while in banana.
5. Starting Week 3 feels awesome. Flat out, no other word for it.

Memorable Moves

This workout has a ton of really fun and tough moves. Here are some of my favs:

1- Tricep Push Kicks. Table positioning with butt on the floor, hands facing the body. Lift up the butt and push kick one leg. Drop and repeat with other leg. Triceps are on fire!
2- Superman Elbows. These are really fun. Superman position then forward punches with each arm individually, then reverse squeeze back with each arm. Your core is firing the whole time b/c of Superman, but you're also working your arms. I dig it.
3- ISO Resistance Knee Crunch. Band around the feet, arms up around the shoulders. Lift legs and alternate leg crunches up to the chest, leaning back as you lower each leg. Feet stay up off the floor for the duration. Damn, these are HARD, but I really love them for some reason. Is that weird?
4- Hellcats. I find these incredibly difficult and don't even know how to describe them for my friends not doing the program. The name should suffice. You're in a floor tuck position of sorts and twist side to side extending your hips, including pushing your leg straight under your body and out the opposite side. They are... ridiculous. And I am ridiculous for kinda liking them today. Didn't even try them Day 1. Did them all today, albeit poorly.
I'm not going to give Walking Planks With Sphinx Moves and Kicks a shout out. I don't hate them as much as I did on Day 1, but I don't love them yet either. :)

Overall

I can only imagine how much I'll like this workout the more I do it. It's still super tough - I was sweating buckets today. But I can see so much improvement that I'm guessing I'll be killing this by the end and still getting a great workout. What a fun one.

I think I looked even more completely thrashed by the end of this workout today than the Day 1 photo I posted. I feel like I had a workout, no doubt!

Favorite Mike quote of the day: "Look people in the eye today. Let 'em know you did TapouT."

Damn straight.

More tomorrow!
Lisa


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment