Day 39: Yoga XT


Doogie is by my side through Yoga. It's his favorite. (Not mine.)

Happy Monday - Day 39.

Spent today's workout "getting my stretch on" with Yoga XT.

Doogie, my workout partner, loves Yoga. Something about the movement draws his attention and he stays by my side.  Today, I even caught him doing a few of the moves with me. :)

So... you know that awkward feeling when you say - out loud - that you're tired, and then you realize you're still in the warm-up?  Uh, yeah. Ten minutes in and a few downward dogs later... I was already feeling Yoga today. Ruh roh.

To the headlines, below.



Headlines

1. Yoga is supposed to be the day that your body and mind connect for the workout. I couldn't get my mind to stay in the game. Grrr.
2. Do you ever have the sensation that your arms are on fire, really early-on in a Yoga workout? Tired muscles, or poor form?  Hmmm.
3. I feel great after the Yoga workout. I even love the last 20 minutes or so. Unfortunately, it's a 52 minute workout.  :)
4. "Yoga Abs" moves are the bomb. They feel great somehow, when you're all stretched out. Still hard, but delicious.
5. I may need to take a private Yoga lesson to make sure my form is clean. It's been so long since I've been to a class, I'm not so sure.

Memorable Moves

Much of the workout is spent in Plank and I have to say I hate it by the end of this one. My shoulders and arms are so angry and shakey. I keep shifting my arms, but I don't think I've found the sweet spot of placement just yet. I want to feel it in a good way vs. a "I hate this" way. 

But a few of the moves, I really love. The creative Chair Poses, including "Genie" and "Skier" modifications are awesome. They work - and the more I push into them, the more I feel them...in all the right places! The Lean-In Knee Stretch is also pretty amazing. (Kneel, put one foot forward 90 degrees, tighten up the glutes, and tuck in, while digging the back knee in, and leaning forward for a massive stretch.)

So many more moves I need to learn to love.  Maybe next time. '-)

Favorite Mike Quote Of The Day

I think it's clear I'm a huge Mike fan. When he says this, I want to laugh and punch him at the same time. "Come back down into Plank. Woooo. This is feelin' kinda good, isn't it? You feelin' it yet at home? You want a break? How 'bout - No. UPWARD DOG." He cracks me up. I love the humor.

<-- My mat. Doogie's "mat." -->
Doogie in, what else? Upward Dog. :)
Doogie in Child's Pose. Sorta.
Well, at least I still have my sense of humor after Yoga. The use of my shoulders and arms, not so much. I'm SPENT. But that's the whole point. And I'll come back for more next week. Because there's no quit in TapouT.

More tomorrow,
 Lisa
"Bandit"


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com



No comments:

Post a Comment