Day 16: Strength Force Upper

Hi Everyone!

You know how some days you feel like working out and other days... you just don't?!?

Today was definitely a "don't" day.  Too much to do, a late start to the day, coupled with an early afternoon birthday bash that will go well into the night... feeling pressed.  I wanted a good workout too, since I'll be indulging all afternoon.  :)

BUT - of course I didn't quit. I knocked out Day 16 Strength Force Upper because I know that's what all the other XT warriors would do.  So many people have way more going on than I do, so I just won't miss unless I really, really have to.  Thanks to all of you for the constant inspiration!

So, on to the headlines... below.

Headlines

1. When you don't feel like working out and you do it anyway, it's a victory.
2. When you don't feel like doing the last rep (or two) and you do it anyway, it's empowering.
3. When you don't feel like going all the way down in a pushup and you do it anyway, it hurts. :)
4. When you hear Mike say "You should be enjoying this" and you're not, it makes you laugh.
5. When you're all by yourself and think about quitting early, but you don't, you're awesome. Or so I say.

Memorable Moves

Despite my struggle to get with it today, I got there.  Here are a couple of memorable ones for me today, good and bad.
1- Pushups with Ankle Slaps.  Yeah, that's right. I DID them this week. I didn't do them particularly well and I almost died trying, but I did them.  YES! I'm still doing girl pushups almost all the time, given the volume, but not for this one. Full-on dude pushups, all the way.
2- Superman Power Ups.  Superman, exploding up into a pushup. Doesn't sound that hard. But is that hard. I really like them for some reason. MUCH better than Superman Banana.  
3- Octagon Pushups. Who knew?  I like them and I'm good at them. With the other fifty varieties of pushups, I could still use some work, but these... I like 'em.
4- Hover - Anything. All the hover moves are trouble. Mike says "Hover" and I say "*#^$&)"  The hover left and right up-top in the pushup is way easier than the hover move down low.  That's what you call a silver lining.  :)  Does this move make anyone else feel like a Navy Seal in training?  Very stealthy.
Overall

This was one of my fav workouts last week. Apparently, I'm fickle because as good as it is, it isn't on my favorite list at the moment. I powered through it and I'm clearly stronger this time vs. last. I think any workout I did today would've fallen from grace. So I'll reserve judgment. I love all the TapouT workouts and I feel awesome when I finish them. (Note, I didn't say I felt awesome during them.)

Favorite Mike quote today was "You can smile. I'm not that bad."  Hahahaha!  Nothing bad about you. Very inspiring and very supportive.

More tomorrow,
Lis


***
My "real" life beyond TapouT XT:
    Author and Coach: www.soulforbreakfast.com
    Executive Consultant: www.laiventures.com

No comments:

Post a Comment